[AMRadio] A slight different approach to the IARU bandplan issue

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Thu Nov 15 09:31:34 EST 2007

More from the ARRL President -

- - - - - - - - -

Steve, I know the Region 2 officials personally, and was with many of them
just two weeks ago. I know what you and others were told and you are incorrect
in your assessment. Of course, you are free to impose voluntary restrictions on
yourself if you so chose, but it is not required by ARRL, the FCC Part 97
regulations in the United States or the Region 2 Band plan.

73 Joel W5ZN

Thanks for the additional info, Joel.  And thank you for working through this
with me.  I thought that we (the hams of Region 2) should be involved in the
development of any changes to the bandplans so that the plan matches our
present and expected use of the bands - thus my efforts to make my views known.

Just to clarify - do you and the League feel that American hams should ignore
the Region 2 bandplan?

Steve WD8DAS

-