[AMRadio] A little trivia

w1eof at hamnutz.com w1eof at hamnutz.com
Sat Nov 17 11:54:24 EST 2007

You guys got it. It was meant that you were "cheating" the safety system
of having the set power off when the back was removed. That was designed
to keep people from hurting themselves. Keep in mind that in the early
days of radio/TV it was very common for the average Joe to take his
tubes out of a set and down to the drugstore to be checked and possibly
replaced. Maybe a few people got whacked. Or at least that was the fear.
There was also pressure from the thousands of repair shops too. So we
had the birth of the "No user serviceable parts inside" age.

And yes Rick, I used to have *TWO* cords in my box: A polarized and a
non-polarized cord. That was ALL you needed.

73,

Mark W1EOF