[AMRadio] IARU Bandplan "good amateur practice"

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 12:54:19 EST 2007

Response from ARRL President:

- - - - - - - - -

Hi Steve,

We believe amateur radio operators should exercise good operating practice by
using our allocated spectrum efficiently, so a recommendation in a voluntary
band plan is a good thing and we hope radio amateurs would use it as a
guideline for their operating preferences.

I don’t believe good operating practice should be mandated by regulation,
though.

Any band plan, including the IARU Region 2 band plan, is a living document
that should be reviewed and updated on a regular basis. The ARRL, as always, is
open to input for future IARU Region 2 band plan revision proposals from all
sources, including the AM community, and we will continue to work toward the
best possible band plan for the entire region, as well as to continue to
recognize existing modes of operation in the United States in our band plans.

73 Joel W5ZN

-