[AMRadio] Need Pole Pig wiring info

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sat Nov 17 19:20:03 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h at jeremy.mv.com>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Need Pole Pig wiring info

> Dont tell me the audiophools are buying those also!

Have not heard that, but wouldn't be surprised!

> Not many years ago I gave several NIB ones away.

Tell me about it.  I gave 6 NIB to a local ham about 20 years ago.  Then he
went SK.  Did not want to bother his widow, so don't know what happened to
the tubes.

> Its as bad as the price of other glass triodes; 304T's going for 3-500Z
> prices and the other TH/TL's are just as bad.
>
> When will they try 4-1000As?

There's a shop in the east that's using either the 3-1000 or the 4-1000 in a
very pricey amp.

I'm kind of an audio nut, but the biggest I've built was a pair of 6L6 a few
years ago.  Sounds good to me!

73, Barrie, W7ALW