[AMRadio] open wire line

Donald Sanders w4bws at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 18:32:39 EST 2007

The older ARRL handbooks had a table of wire size and spacing vs. impedance.
600 usually was about 6 inches. I made some from 6 inch pieces of 1/2 inch
plastic pipe. Drilled holes 1/2 inch in from ends and fed wire thru. After
stretching it out and positioning the spreaders, I secured them with RTV.
Works well. Your tuner doesn't care about spacing since the impedance varies
band to band anyway.

Healthfully yours,
                          Don W4BWS