[AMRadio] open wire line

Brett Gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net
Mon Nov 19 18:47:31 EST 2007

Someone said they got some thin fiberglass rod stuff real cheap, as
it was for some generic use and sold at home despot, you just cut it to
length and drill a hole through it.

You just need something light, and RF stable, wood is on the heavy side,
I dont think the plastic type needs to be as expensive as something like
lexan,
look for some scrap stuff or dirt cheap stuff and make it work.
My open wire line was trash before I pulled it out of the dumpster, #12
stranded insulated copper wire (black or green) and plastic standoffs
for rack mount cables, and plastic wire ties.

I run the carrier up to 800 watts and nothing gets warm other than the
heath tuner....

Brett
N2DTS