[AMRadio] open wire line

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:45:48 EST 2007

Robert Nickels wrote:
> Jim Wilhite wrote:
>> As for spreaders, use the lightest thing you can find, 1/8 plexiglass
>> cut into strips 1/2 inch wide, Lexan the same or anything.  To keep
>> the spreader in place, drill holes in the strips then run the wire
>> through the holes then cut short pieces of wire and wrap one side of
>> the spreader then across it to the other side and wrap, then solder.
> Here's another idea, FWIW.  W7FG makes dipoles out of 16 ga. stranded
> wire and PVC pipe insulators and mine seems to be holding up well
> after a couple of years.   Gary's got some pretty good pictures here:
> http://www.w7fg.net/ladder/ladder.html    He  makes a V-shaped
> entrance to a round hole through the pipe that secures the wire.  The
> wire snaps-in place, and stays put under all weather conditions, yet
> can be moved or adjusted as needed.

That's the same idea I thought of.  Drill a hole at the end of the
supports (whatever they wind up being) and making a pair of diagonal
cuts to the hole.

--------
       o<
--------

and letting the wire 'snap' into place, in the hole.

I'll probably get a 20' stick of 3/8" schedule 40 pvc

Thanks for the comments.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,