[AMRadio] AMers all "old-timers"?

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 18:41:18 EST 2007

An interesting arrival in my email today...  I received a message from an
anonymous person in reply to a message I'd sent directly to several ARRL
officials regarding the IARU bandplan.  Well, to be specific I should say it contained
the same subject line as a message I sent only to a group of ARRL officials'
addresses, with an "re:" added.   That same subject line was not used on any
of my mailing list or web-board postings.  Interesting... might have been from
someone who'd been forwarded a copy of my message by one of those officials, I
suppose.

In any event, the message contained some poorly written name-calling and
profanity, which I will mostly ignore, but the following line would be of interest
to everyone I think...

>...senile old AM jerks! You been pissing on
>the league for too long.  you will all be dead in a couple
>years, so what you care?  run
>AM all you want nobody cares"...

Nice.  In the message I sent under that subject line I didn't even mention
AM.  I guess it is another reference to AMers only being oldtimers ready to kick
the bucket.  That's certainly not my experience talking to guys on the bands.
 And I'm only middle-aged at 44 years old, and I personally know 6 guys in
their 20s and 30s that run AM quite a bit.

Steve WD8DAS