[AMRadio] Old-Timer AMers?

Robert Nickels w9ran at oneradio.net
Wed Nov 21 12:24:16 EST 2007

Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:
> Most of the AMers I know are in the 40s-50s category, with older and
> younger bookends.
>
> Methinks they have a bit of a wait ahead. AMers tend to be more active
> and will likely outlive many of them.
Which is also the age group that has a lot of discretionary purchasing
potential, something the League is quite aware of.  20 and 30-somethings
raising kids and making mortgage payments may be less likely to buy
multi-K$ radios...not to mention the fact that AMers are by no means
one-dimensional in their radio-related interests.

Of course, the soothing mellow sound of AM audio has a lot to do with
our expected longevity ;-)

73 and Happy Turkey Day,

Bob W9RAN