[AMRadio] AMers all "old-timers"?

Thomas Adams quixote2 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 21 19:40:37 EST 2007

At 05:56 PM 11/20/2007, you wrote:
>I'm not an old buzzard yet, I just turned 35 this year.
>
>--
>JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)

I suppose I'm getting there...   58, and licensed for 44 years now,
41 of those as
an Extra class licensee... not to mention past holder of a 1st Class
Radiotelephone,
and a 2nd Class Radiotelegraph ticket, complete with a RADAR endorsement. Nasty
comments from some punk with a no code "Cracker Jack Box" license amuse me.

As for me, l'll deal with the Old Buzzards anytime; how many of the
new generation
of "Extras" can put a PL259 on a hunk of coax, let alone design or
build a workable
transmitter?

They'll take away my plate modulator when they pry it outa my cold,
dead six foot
relay rack!!! <<smile>>

If that makes me an Old Buzzard, then SO BE IT!

Mr. T., W9LBB
AM International Member #811