[AMRadio] AMers all "old-timers"?

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:53:54 EST 2007

Well, I am an OLD buzzard at 71 years of age and 50 years as a ham.
But I have run packet on two meters and have attempted moon bounce and
satalite bounce so my technology is not totaly ancient.

I am not currently on AM but should be soon (got to modify the 32S1 to
modulate AM) and also on 6 meters FM.  Both are old buzzard things I
guess.  The S-Line is definately an old buzzard thing.  I started in
'58 on 6 meters AM.

On Nov 21, 2007 6:40 PM, Thomas Adams <quixote2 at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> At 05:56 PM 11/20/2007, you wrote:
> >I'm not an old buzzard yet, I just turned 35 this year.
> >
> >--
> >JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
> >______________________________________________________________
>

> I suppose I'm getting there...   58, and licensed for 44 years now,
> 41 of those as
> an Extra class licensee... not to mention past holder of a 1st Class
> Radiotelephone,
> and a 2nd Class Radiotelegraph ticket, complete with a RADAR endorsement. Nasty
> comments from some punk with a no code "Cracker Jack Box" license amuse me.
>
> As for me, l'll deal with the Old Buzzards anytime; how many of the
> new generation
> of "Extras" can put a PL259 on a hunk of coax, let alone design or
> build a workable
> transmitter?
>
> They'll take away my plate modulator when they pry it outa my cold,
> dead six foot
> relay rack!!! <<smile>>
>
> If that makes me an Old Buzzard, then SO BE IT!
>

> Mr. T., W9LBB
> AM International Member #811

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."