[AMRadio] AMers all "old-timers"?

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:11:04 EST 2007

Brett Gazdzinski wrote:

>> Thomas Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmmm...   How come I never get that when my Globe King steps on some SSB
>>> ricebox running clown in New Jersey?  <<grin>>
>>>
>> Geoff/W5OMR wrote:
>> Not everyone in Jersey runs a rice-box...
>>
>> Right Brett?

> I dont own one.
>
> There are a few AM guys in Jersey, and like most other places,
> lots of guys who dont get on but are interested in AM and/or old tube stuff.

Now, there's an interesting project.  Talk to/solicit all the AM'ers we
know, who -used- to get on, but don't anymore and still have the
equipment to do so.

We need to convince/coerce them to return to being active on the band,
if they can.

> Not sure why some loose interest and dont get on, I have 2 friends
> close that used to be quite big into the hobby, and both have done
> nothing for the last 15 years, but still have piles of parts and rigs.
>
> I think I am going to start hitting them up for some parts.

[snip]

> They sure are not doing anything with the stuff!
>
> Brett
> N2DTS

Make it happen, Brett!  Either get 'em to give up their stuff, or get
'em back on the air!

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,