[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

David Knepper collinsradio at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 07:49:47 EST 2007

This  perpetration of AM-SSB bashing has had a long running history of at
least 40 years.  Let's face it,  this discussion has run its course and now
it is time to end this "discussion" and move on - that is to those
frequencies that all of us petitioned for below 3750 Khz.

I heard Don, K4KYV, calling CQ below 3700 Khz the other day, and no one came
back to him.  I was too busy to call Don but what a lovely signal he had.
More of us should follow Don down to this open range rather than cozy up to
SSB operation throughout 75 meters.  This is particularly true of some AMers
who just love to irritate or harrass folks on 3892 Khz.

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Dave, W3ST - W3CRA
Collins Radio Association
www.collinsra.com
Join the largest Collins group in the world
Nets on 7208 at 4:30 EDST every day and
Monday at 3805 at 8 PM EDST