[AMRadio] Re: [Boatanchors] Fw: Giving Thanks

JACK C. SHUTT w9gt at verizon.net
Thu Nov 22 08:26:55 EST 2007

Very nice sentiments Robert!  My wife was just telling me that I had better not fall asleep in the easy chair after Thanksgiving Dinner, as I usually have a habit of doing.  I need to pay more attention to those grandkids (3) who will be here and make sure they know that grandpa really enjoys having them around.
  We all tend to complain about life's bumps in the road and the various hardships that we face, but we need to take time once in awhile to just give thanks for all that we are blessed with and remember how much we treasure our families and friends.  We also need to remember those guys and ladies over in Afghanistan and Iraq and elsewhere in the world who are making it possible for us to enjoy our way of life in the best country in the world!  Happy Thanksgiving

  73, Jack,W9GT

Robert Lawson <w4rl at bellsouth.net> wrote:
  Yes, and to all those who love us dearly who put up with our
idiosyncrasies in our ol'silver back age, which is also laced more often
than not with our ham radio (mis)adventure irrational behavioral
habits. God bless them all. And give genuine thankful time to all of
them tomorrow, totally from your heart being head of your household and
responsible for them all. Fall asleep in your easy chair after your
feast, let the women chatter in the background all at the same time
enjoying the love of them all together, have no complaints when you
grandchild crawls upon you and looks into your hairy ears and noses,
then falling sound asleep upon your belly during the college football
game on TV or the older ones playing with video games or outside fooling
around with your tools, coin and stamp collection and such. Play your
traditional part in this world. One of whom they all will remember for
being the real loving you and not necessarily the ham radio operator.

Savor the day both in mind, heart and spirit, but also in the giving
that they have given to you all these years. Sometimes, we just need to
step back and view all that is of and from us, and give back to them,
again and again....and again every day. When we are gone, we only exist
in the minds of those who loved and appreciated us.

Good thoughts to all this evening.

Robert W4RL Pensacola FL