[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 10:39:39 EST 2007

jeremy-ca wrote:
> I certainly hope that AMers dont operate down in the DX window. Its
> bad enough now fighting the 5-20KW US stations with my 1200W.
>
> A little respect often works well.

Any frequency you're licensed for, is available to operate any mode you
prefer.

3.705 to 3.725 at night, is a great place for AM, so is below 3.700Mc.

DX doesn't -always- just hang out in one particular spot, although
that's where you find a lot of 'em.
AM doesn't have to hang out in one particular spot, either.  That's just
where most of us have gathered for a while.

I'm glad to see AM spreading out throughout the band.  No longer are we
relegated to a particular set of frequencies.
It's not like we're 'gathered in one pen' to be systematically
slaughtered.  I never liked fences, anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, y'all.
Gobble till ya wobble! :-)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,