[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

W7CE w7ce at curtiss.net
Thu Nov 22 12:10:03 EST 2007

>I certainly hope that AMers dont operate down in the DX window. Its bad
>enough now fighting the 5-20KW US stations with my 1200W.
>
> A little respect often works well.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I couldn't agree more.  Non-DX contacts should avoid the DX window.  For AM
that probably means avoiding 3780 to 3805.  That said, there have been a few
DX AM QSOs being made in or near the 80M DX window.  I know one West Coast
ham who plans on trying to make a long path contact to Europe on AM.  I
don't have a problem with a special event like that.  I need to get the 20V2
conversion finished so that I can try it too.

73,
Clay  W7CE