[AMRadio] AMers all "old-timers"?

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:27:59 EST 2007

A.R.S. - WA5AM wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 10:48 AM, Mike Sawyer <w3slk at hughes.net> wrote:
>
>> Me and KN0R, (now the fine call, KK4AM) got on 160M and ran NBFM at about
>> 1500watts.
>>

> Kent/KX5KW and I have toyed with the idea of doing that too Mike.  We
> live close enough to do it on 10 meters, but have wondered how we
> would fare down below.

For a test, I ran FM on 40m with a buddy.  I was mobile on I-10 between
San Antonio and Houston, he was near Lake Charles.  The band was in
decent shape and he was 20/S-9, on ssb.  went to FM, running around 300w
out of the mobile, and I think he was somewhere near a kW... once the
squelch was set, it was just like talking simplex on 2m FM.  but, we
didn't stay there long, because there was 10 other people gathered on
frequency.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,