[AMRadio] AMers all "old-timers"?

Robert Nickels w9ran at oneradio.net
Thu Nov 22 13:01:08 EST 2007

Geoff/W5OMR wrote:

> An AM'er owning a ricebox isn't a sin, nor should it tarnish our
> image.  AM is just but -one- mode of our multi-faceted hobby, that
> let's us build and operate our own equipment, with a maximum output of
> 1,500w PEP, regardless of mode.

Without demeaning any of our fellow amateurs, I often think that the
*ability* to understand and appreciate the difference between a
homebrewed Hartley and a "ricebox" is one of the main things that
differentiates us, and gives us pride in this niche of the hobby.   And
that is truly something to be thankful for.

73 and Happy Turkey Day!

Bob W9RAN