[AMRadio] Old-Timer AMers?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu Nov 22 13:14:19 EST 2007

When the FCC computerized they did not copy the old paper records to the
computer. They put them all in a warehouse. I sent a request to find my
original 1957 ticket. They told me it would take 3 months to find it and the
wanted to charge me a bunch of money to search the records. They found the
ticket I had in 1967 by looking in an old CallBook! LOL!

In the mis 70's I worked on a system for the Army and Air Force to copy all
the old paper records to microfilm. That's as close as the became to being
computerized.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,