[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:44:18 EST 2007

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> It would be interesting if everyone on this reflector got on the air
> to talk to each other during one evening.  I don't know how many
> members here, but it would cause some comments and really expose AM.
> Maybe not to the delight of some other mode prone individuals, but
> that too would be fun.
>
> Not only  that but I would bet only about 10% of the membership posts.
> So we could have quite a crowd.

According to Brian there's around an 'average' of 400 to 500 members, at
any one given time.  That means we'd have to have some 100 different
QSO's going on up and down the band, to get everyone in a round table
that has a -maximum- of 5 people per QSO.  More stations than that is
fairly unmanageable.

Then, there's those of us (raising my 'guilty' hand) that get confused
as to what the oder is, in what Otis/K5SWK calls a 'bikini sized group'
(3 stations)  ;-)

Not that having 100 different AM QSO's on the air at one time is a -bad-
thing, but I don't see the possibility of it happening, and still be
able promote peace and good will towards other amateurs and existing
QSO's, regardless of mode.

Looking forward to my 'turkey induced coma' in about 2 hours, from now :-)

~~~~~
What am I thankful for?
I am thankful for "Today".

Today
(G.Edmonson)

Today, I was able to wake up, walk, talk and bitch about things I can
not change.
Today, I am too blessed to be stressed.

Everyday of Freedom, is a GOOD day to Thank a Veteran!

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.
~~~~~

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,