[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Thu Nov 22 15:58:54 EST 2007

> It would be interesting if everyone on this reflector got on the air to
> talk to each other during one evening.  I don't know how many members
> here, but it would cause some comments and really expose AM.  Maybe not to
> the delight of some other mode prone individuals, but that too would be
> fun.
>
> Not only  that but I would bet only about 10% of the membership posts. So
> we could have quite a crowd.

Back in the late 1980s and early to middle 1990s we had some big
round-tables, both on 75M and 160M.

Stations from several states were present.  On more than one evening, we had
stations from AK, HI, MO, most of the western states, and even Texas
(wherever that is).

I like your idea.  I might even drag myself out of my EME chair and fire-up
the HT4-B and SX28-A.

73, Barrie, W7ALW