[AMRadio] AM and other modes

john johnmb at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 22 21:47:30 EST 2007

Interesting discussion!

I've operated AM for 20 yrs or so, but having done so, never felt any obligation to ONLY operate AM.  For the last 5 years I've been doing a LOT of CW work, and really enjoying it.  Trying to get my code speed up has really been a fun challenge.

I've also dabbled in QRP, QRO, contesting, vintage SSB, etc etc.... but really enjoy restoring and operating AM.

I think one of the things that makes Ham Radio such a durable hobby, is the ability to swap in and out of the various facets/modes/activities .... all of it still being ham radio.

I'll probably always enjoy fixing up  Yet Another Old Radio, but I certainly dont feel "beholden" to AM only operations.

73
John K5MO