[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:28:42 EST 2007

Ellen Rugowski wrote:
>> That's probably gonna work out real well for ya, seeing as how 120'
>> is a half-wave on 75m (3.9Mc)
>>

> It usually does.  But due to the high impdeance, it's one of the things that
> drive me to a roller inductor tuner.  I just wish it was up higher.

You'll like the Viking II, then... the roller inductor in it will allow
you to match from around 30 to 250ohms.

Who cares what the SWR is on the feedline.  a 1/2wave into the rig will
be fine.  Load the thing up and see how it does, once you get the plate
cap for the other 6146 (you could always take the one off of the Scout,
for the time being, seeing as how you'll have a replacement in the mail,
soon).

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,