[AMRadio] Getting on the Air

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 23 10:32:34 EST 2007

> I've heard reports that 15m was open, more than most people think.

Yep, that would be me - guilty as charged.  Being a Corntaster, who does it
QRP, I spend a fair amount of time in 15 & higher.  15'vs been all or
nothing. When it's open for me, it's open to FL, AZ, CA, OR, & WA, with TX
occasionally thrown in for good measure.  20 is better during the day to the
South for me.  But, I'd prefer to do it below 14.200. The AM Window on
14.286, is too close for comfort to 14.275, where, Karol, VE7KFM,
everybody's favorite Canadian nutcase hangs out. I fear that the QRM and
jamming of him will eventually spread up to 14.290.

> I need to locate another screen resistor for the grid circuit in a
> Viking II.  If that's the same resistor that also sets the bias on the
> 807's, I -might- have one.
>
> If I can get the 'other' Viking II working (the one I'm NOT using as an
> RF exciter for the 250TH rig) then I can use it for checking out 40m, or
> 15m.
>
> Need to find my schematic, again...
>
> Very true, Mike, that a lot of us are going to be around the house the
> rest of the weekend.  It'd be nice to hear some of those 'middle of the
> day' carrier surprises on 75m.

As long as my car won't be ready until 2ish or so, and I'm thawing out from
my walk home, I'm going to start cleaning & testing the Viker II. I'm hoping
(although with my luck, it's probably a longshot), I can have it on the air
this weekend.

73,
Ellen - AF9J