[AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Nov 23 10:36:38 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Anti-AM Opinionated Hams

Time to get creative if you have the room. Try paralleling a 1/4 wave or
other lengths to force the feed point impedance down. Even run at right
angles to fill in the pattern. The Johnson will directly load a very wide
range of loads; Ive done strange ones with my Viking I (basically the same
rig, different final).

There is also a free version of Eznec if you want to play on the PC first.

Carl
KM1H