D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Nov 24 15:42:02 EST 2007

> I suggest you forward the email, with headers, to the ARRL and demand
> that they "Confirm or Deny" their involvement.
>
> At the very least, you'll be putting a warning shot across the bow of
> whomever was involved: if not an ARRL staffer, then whoever (s)he
> forwarded it to.
>
> Bill W1AC

I would suggest forwarding the email to everyone who received your original
letter, plus CC's to any pertinent HQ personnel who might not have been on
your original list, but I wouldn't be antagonistic in the tone of my letter
regardless of my feelings.  I would try to leave the impression to each
recipient that am giving them the full benefit of a doubt, that I am sure
that anyone at HQ would stoop so low, but that someone they forwarded the
message to is the culprit, and that I am sure they would find that just as
offensive as I do.

If one of the recipients really is the culprit, they most likely would never
admit it, but it may at least make them feel stupid and ashamed for doing
something so foolish. If they didn't send the reply but forwarded your
original message, that may tell them something about the class of people
they have chosen as confidants in this matter.

Who knows, they might even come around to our point of view regarding the
League's response so far to this issue.  HQ, when all is said and done,
might be guileless, but if so, they have certainly gone out of their way to
make it appear otherwise.

Don k4kyv