[AMRadio] Looking for assorted Bird Termaline small parts

Thomas Adams quixote2 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 24 16:00:12 EST 2007

Greetings, Troops!

Some time ago I got lucky at a hamfest, and became owner of an HF
Termaline load
(DA-173/GRM-10, also known as a Bird 694). Try 1000 watts continuous
rating over
2 - 30 MHz, and a built in wattmeter.

It's been quite handy and has served me well over the years since I
got it, mostly at
power levels under 250 watts.

I'm looking to use it at higher levels, and I need something for that
which was missing
when I got the load, the pressure relief vent valve that screws into
the top rear of the
load.

I've been using it at relatively low powers with the solid shipping
plug in place, but to
run it at full rated power the pressure relief valve that replaces
the shipping plug is a
definite necessity; without the valve you stand a good chance of
rupturing the diaphragm
or blowing out the oil tank seals at the front end.

I believe these relief valves are pretty much all the same on Bird
products. Anybody got
one they'd part with?

Also needed...

The front end of the load contains the RF wattmeter. There's a flip
open door on it that's
missing the finger grip knob, and the spring steel catch that holds
the door shut. The door
covers and protects the wattmeter movement from damage.

We're doing a general cleanup and maintainence thing on the load; the
paint is looking a
bit ratty, and a few of the bent cooling fins need to have the dents
straightened out of 'em.

If you've got any of the small parts, write me off the list
quixote2 at ix.netcom.com

Mr. T., W9LBB