[AMRadio] IARU - VP ARRL contact by WD5BZO

Warren Elly w1gud at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 08:27:39 EST 2007

Hello Dave...

been a member of arrl from before i got licensed...now 41 years...
I can't stand up for an organization that through my life has done
nothing more than
build hurtle after hurtle for the growth and future of the hobby.
 From the  BPL disaster (can you just imagine how much of our money
was wasted on that?) to the missed opportunities to expose amateur
radio to the national media in the 2004 hurricanes, to the sad litany
of licensing 'reform' over four decades, and the half-baked,  thinly
disguised attempt through IARU to once again
put the vintage community (30 percent of their membership by some
surveys)under the
boot, you'll never sell us that standing up for the league is in our
best interest.
Too bad we can't just file a class action suit, but first we'd have to
figure out what planet these people are on...in order to serve the
papers
73, Warren W1GUD