[AMRadio] IARU - VP ARRL contact by WD5BZO

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Sun Nov 25 09:57:01 EST 2007

>Well I got into it over the cw issue a few years back with the ARRL
>leadership. I have been a member since 1962 and watched it go from a
>great Org. to a bunch of self centered creeps. I was even sent a
>copy of an email telling the state SM to pull my appointment because
>I did not agree with doing away with the cw requirement. I was a
>trouble maker and NOT a TEAM PLAYER. hi hi... yep they are correct i
>am not on their team. I even told one guy how to start a RECALL. man
>did that start flames. I just gave up as i knew they did not have
>the best interests of Ham Radio at Heart. just What they wanted and
>needed to sell radios and keep the big money rolling in for their
>little trips. They want the computer world tied to ham radio and
>became one and the same in the long run. My only question is WHY do
>we not get a group to run in each section and state and back them to
>replace this bunch. I really think that the AM and CW groups have
>more then enough votes to do it. but then again the POWER MONGERS
>count the votes

73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P.
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1