[AMRadio] IARU - VP ARRL contact by WD5BZO

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sun Nov 25 14:25:05 EST 2007

I also agree that being a member provides you the power to help vote in a
Director and Vice-Director that truly represents your amateur radio
interests and also has background in your own "special interest". I
recently read somewhere that one of the newly elected Directors is also a
big contest participant. I suspect if "contest issues" came before the
BoD, he would help being their advocate.
I believe that now makes two contesters on the BoD. I guess they knew
where to get the votes. So, lets count the number of Directors and
Vice-Directors that we know, that include "AM" in their bio as part of
their on the air pass-time.
(very long pause and now an even longer pause)
Members, with some incentive, could make a number appear. It just takes
some work. And, if you work real hard, you might even convince the BoD to
vote out most of the top staff if you feel they're not doing things in
the best interest for the future of amateur radio.

Pete, wa2cwa