[AMRadio] To ship or not to ship

w4wsz w4wsz at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:41:52 EST 2007

Hi Rick,

Over the past few weeks I have shipped a lot of stuff including several
receivers (NC-183).

I used the USPS Priority mail on almost everything.  With priority mail,
there is less handling of the item and it does not stay in transit as long.

At present, I am bating 1000, no damages and fast delivery.

I have also had excellent results using Greyhound express.  If you are
shipping to a customer in a large city served by the Greyhound bus system,
many times it never leaves the bus from the time you ship until it arrives.

If I sent you a large heavy item, I could put in on the bus in Tallahassee
and it would stay in its place until it arrived in Dallas.

The cost is not that much when you consider the advantages.

Another thing I will share with you.  Go to a carpet store that does
installations and ask for some scrap padding.

Take the unit and roll it up six or eight times and shove it into a large
box.  This will give you about 8 to 10 inches of foam padding arouind the
unit and.....it's free

Good Luck on the sale.

73,
Bob,W4WSZ