[AMRadio] Old AM'ers

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:06:26 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 10:30 AM, Larry Szendrei <ne1s at neandertech.com> wrote:
> Licensed since 1983, but been playing with radio all my life. Learned to
> solder when I was 7; built a lot of broadcast & SWL radios when I was a
> kid, and guitar amps through high school & college.
>
> I can't believe it; in 2008 I'll be able to join QCWA (if I decide
> that's something I want to do).
>
> Got on AM on 1984 and never left it. Although 99% of my operation is AM,
> I also run CW, RTTY, SSB, and have played around with PSK31 and other
> digital modes.

Never realized we were nearly twins, Larry. (o:

I was also licensed in '83, sometime in March. Was the best solderer
in my class long before being licensed too, often got to take an early
coffee break whilst others caught up. Got to AM a bit later than you
(late 80s), and also enjoy(ed) CW and SSB (DX chasing mainly). Time
became more of an issue over the years so, like you, AM wins out for
the little time I have available. But I hold out hope for more CW time
and maybe some additional SSB DX hunting someday.

25 years...where did it go, and how did it go so fast??

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ