[AMRadio] To ship or not to ship

Glenn Zemanek zemanek at att.net
Mon Nov 26 12:59:45 EST 2007

I had an R390a shipped by UPS. They managed to bend the front panel. It
worked but a crystal filter was bad also. They really had to drop it from a
height. I put in a claim and the adjuster showed up and took pictures and
left. I got a letter a couple of days later stating that the claim was
denied. I called the guy who sold it to me who told me he just dropped the
R390a at a UPS store for packing and shipping. They originally denied the
claim as "item improperly packed"  They eventually coughed up about $450.00
when they were given the proof that their UPS store had packed it. My other
claims from UPS have been denied as improperly packed item.  I have had
better luck with Fed Ex.

Glenn kc2fzv  from Herat Afghanistan