[AMRadio] Hallicrafters SX110

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:07:03 EST 2007

Lawrence Steeno wrote:
> I have a question--why would Hallicrafters use tubes from the 40's in a receiver made in the early 60's?? This seems kinda strange that they would use octal tubes in this unit when the 7 and 9 pin tubes were much better.------- Weren't they?-------
> Larry Steeno
> K9LWI

There was an awful lot of Surplus parts back in those days.  The war
being recently over, and the major offensive stopped.  Suddenly, there
was parts galore, all over the place.  Many parts were had for pennies
on the dollar, back in those days.

For that matter, who ever heard of using V70D's instead of 811's?

Mil-spec was/is 'weird', to say the least.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR