[AMRadio] To ship or not to ship

Bill Horne billhorne at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 18:46:33 EST 2007

Whenever I ship something really valuable via UPS, I take pictures of
the item, both before and after packing, and I mail them to myself as
postcards. It's cheap insurance.

You must also take care to use a new, properly taped box and adequate
impact-absorbing material: UPS and other carriers love to wriggle out of
paying based on "old box" or "inadequate packing" claims.

Sorry to say that Small Claims isn't the first avenue I'd take on a
claim: in Massachusetts, it costs about $75 *just to file a claim*, so
that eliminates most small items right at the start. For larger items,
consider insuring with a separate agency and professional crating.

FWIW. YMMV.

73, Bill W1AC