[AMRadio] Subscribe to the ARRL ?

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 08:12:43 EST 2007

Individual mileages may vary on this subject, but a letter, sent via
USPS Registered Mail, Return Receipt Requested, will most likely not
result in it being tossed.  The ARRL doesn't know if it's a donation,
subscription or garbage.  Doubtful they will trash anything resembling
"business".

We had a local "incident" with an over-zealous OO a few years back
(read that Band Cop) when his ARRL appointment sort of went to his
head.  He hung out on 2m repeaters and sent nasty notes to several
hams.  Our local club sent a formal business letter, complete with
copies of the OO cards and the rebuttals citing Part 97, to the ARRL.
Within days, the problem was solved........at least for us.  And the
reply from ARRL was via letter............not e-mail.

I'd recommend a formal letter.

BTW, the thread on the IARU situation has been most welcomed here.
Thanks to all who have worked to expose the facts and who provided us
with enough info to express our concerns.  My comments will go directly
to ARRL in Newington as the "chain of command" using the ARRL
appointees and elected Directors, Vice-Directors, Section Managers,
Assistant Section Managers and various other "officials" is basically
an exercise in bureaucracy.

Best 73 de W4MIL
Chuck
Palm Coast, FL