[AMRadio] Favorite April 1st article

charles L. mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 08:27:13 EST 2007

I loved all the April 1st articles but, my favorite
was the one about raising the tower between 2 mobile
homes.  You dug a 40ft deep hole, weld a barrel to the
bottom of the tower, place the tower in the hole, then
fill the hole with water to raise it.

I actually was going to submit an article for the
April issue, and contacted the ARRL about it.  With
all the hoopla over how well BPL was working, I was
going to come up with a construction article where you
built a balun transformer with an SO239 on one side
for the rig and a line cord on the other.  The idea
was since the power lines were such a great conductor
for BPL, it ought to be good for hamming, so lets
couple up and try it.  The ARRL actually told me that
this is bad idea because people would actually build
and try it.  Wasn't that the idea of the April Fools
article in the first place?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC