[AMRadio] Just a thought for laughter and memory

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Nov 27 09:35:22 EST 2007

I can personally attest to the performance of a beercan vertical, actually
soda can in my case as I was only 16. Using that QST article (been an ARRL
member since 1954 when my folks gave me a QST subscription for my birthday)
I built a 20M version and put it on my folks garage roof with 8 drooping
radials.
It worked gangbusters then which was leading up to that monster sunspot
cycle where you could work the world with just about anything.

In later years I tried to build one for 40M using Bud cans which were thin
aluminum by then. I used plumbers liquid (diluted hydrochloric acid) to
solder. That held but the cans were too flimsy and after they buckled 3
times I gave up.

Carl
KM1H