[AMRadio] IARU - VP ARRL contact by WD5BZO

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:37:01 EST 2007

I agree with what Van said:

> Pete.  This whole issue has gotten totally out of control.  In my opinion.
> Responding to the kind of comments  made by Todd is a waste of time.  This
> whole business is a non-issue and some people have just too much time on
> their hands.  Van, K7VS

... but, one more thing needs to be cleared up, which *might* remove the
ARRL sponsored blinders off of your eyes...

Peter Markavage wrote:
> *** The ARRL has recognized AM for years as still a "valid" mode of
> operation. ... They have a vintage AM station in operation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some knob-twisting touristing
visitor take and put that rig out of commission?

Why didn't someone from HQ put the AM Station 'back on the air'? (if
took an avid AM'er to go there and make adjustments and/or repairs that
no one at HQ seemed to know how, or desire to do.)

Actions speak louder than words, Pete.
The simple action of not repairing the AM station at Newington spoke
volumes to me.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,