[AMRadio] ADMIN MSG: Let's do something different - ALL members

A.R.S. - WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:40:07 EST 2007

The following statement to the list members is due to many private
emails I've received, and several attitudes I have observed that are
not conducive to our good relations on this list:
-----
It seems obvious this IARU topic has caused a lot of fighting,
bickering, and spiteful remarks between a lot of people on this list.
To me, it is a shame we can't discuss things in a professional manner,
but no, the sarcasm, and ranting seems to take precedence.  We are
fighting among ourselves people, and the last thing we need is to come
to dislike other AM'ers due to a possible problem we might (or not)
face together.  Also, I would ask that words that refer to body parts,
or simply expletives in general, that really aren't needed in
statements you make, NOT be used on this list, I don't care what
religion (or not) you happen to be.  That is a warning, and I usually
don't give those, as most here know.  Basically, do NOT use cuss words
or those that even closely relate to any body part here, we can hear
enough of that on the air, or in person.  I'm not trying to say I'm
someone that does not say a cuss word from time to time, but I see no
reason to do it on this list for no good reason.  Got it?

We are a group of many walks of life with a membership of about 400,
many of which would rather discuss operation, and technical issues of
radio, etc., but I am not opposed to discussing issues of regulation
when it comes to the AM mode, however I see this issue getting out of
hand real fast among our group.  We will ALL have to make our descions
about IF we want to email or snail mail the ARRL or IARU individually.
 Express your opinion here, but DO NOT criticise others from this
point forward for the idea or opinion they might have.

Your satisfaction of, or not of, the ARRL, or IARU would better be
directed to them.  Why waste time arguing with your fellow AM'ers, and
on this list, which I'm pretty certain the ARRL does _not_ monitor.

I hope my point is well taken, and I truly hope that we can get back
to being gentlemen with one another in haste.

73
Brian / wa5am
AMRadio "gate keeper" if you will...

--
"Money is only temporary, radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dawg"/K5BAI

Harvard Minor Planet Station (MPC) H44/Cascade Mtn. Arkansas
www.arksky.org