[AMRadio] IARU - VP ARRL contact by WD5BZO

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 27 15:42:14 EST 2007

What's even sadder is that it took another visitor, an avid
and knowledgeable AM'er to fix that rig!

Ed, VA3ES

Geoff/W5OMR wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some knob-twisting touristing
visitor take and put that rig out of commission?

Why didn't someone from HQ put the AM Station 'back on the air'? (if
took an avid AM'er to go there and make adjustments and/or repairs that
no one at HQ seemed to know how, or desire to do.)

Actions speak louder than words, Pete.
The simple action of not repairing the AM station at Newington spoke
volumes to me.