[AMRadio] ADMIN MSG: Let's do something different - ALL members

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:04:29 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 3:40 PM, A.R.S. - WA5AM <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope my point is well taken, and I truly hope that we can get back
> to being gentlemen with one another in haste.

I must've missed the cussing, Brian. Busy typing, no doubt.  (o:

One thing we tend to forget is that remarks online lack the inflection
and sincerity of the spoken word. Some may think that Pete and I were
really going at it in our posts, but beyond what I consider to be a
spirited, friendly debate, there is nothing sinister. Pete and I met
at Dayton this year for the first time, I got a kick out of what a
gregarious, fun-loving, friendly guy he is (there goes your rep,
Pete). We may disagree about the League, but it's a discussion and
nothing more. We both have our views and opinions, but leave it there.
I wouldn't hesitate to take Pete out for a beer, dinner, or invite him
over to operate the station. He probably forgets more in a night about
this old gear than I'll ever learn.

Others viewing this exchange might take offense to our positions or
comments, since they are reading and not actually experiencing them.
If anyone was offended by my comments or thought they were somehow
directed in a personal nature, I apologize for the disconnect in the
process of communicating through the written word. I am passionate
about what I believe and why, and am not the type to simply throw out
opinions for the sake of argument. History and facts mean a lot to me,
even if they don't always support my position.

I'm sorry that Brian had to get involved in this discussion for
moderation purposes. There is never any reason for any of this to take
on a personal nature in this forum. It reminds me of the guys who put
the biggest and best above all else. When the radios (or anything
else) become more important than the people, it's time to find a new
hobby.

AMers are the most active, involved group in Amateur Radio from what
I've seen. It makes sense that we'd get excited and agitated over
threats to our favorite mode: perceived, potential, or otherwise. We
can deal with these issues without getting drawn into a conflagration,
though.

Here's to moving onward, upward, and getting more folks out from
behind their keyboards and back on the air.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ