[AMRadio] Halli HT37 Phasing Mod problem

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 17:12:38 EST 2007

Jim,
Hello there!
  Well, it's not in the operation of the rig, it's in the alignment of the ballanced modulator section.
  Using modern test gear I have good phase alignment up to the rf part of the chain.
 The rf phase C trimmer appears to work and the 12AT7 parameters and expected waveform is correct. The rf phase L trimmer does nothing and the corresponding 12AT7 parameters
and waveform are not correct. I believe it might just be an imballance between the C & L trimmers but not really sure.
  That is as far as I got but have socket extenders to further test this. I suspect another silver mica cap problem but removing then replacing the modulator box has been near impossible due to my current bout with aggressive rheumatoid arthritus. I just can't put the rig on it's side to do anything further for now.
  It's a like new transmitter that I received in the original dry rotted box and probably saw little if any use.
  Due to my location a transmitter of controllable RF output is necessary untill I can determine if any of the nearby businesses are going to have an RF problem. This seems like the perfect one for this.

BTW, will e-mail you off list about your use of the PTS signal sources.

Thanks,
Bill,
KB3DKS/1