[AMRadio] HRO-50

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:17:56 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 4:53 PM,  <ne1s at neandertech.com> wrote:

> [...]

I'd like to learn more about this process at some point. I know you
have some experience with the older HROs Larry, and Carl worked for
National for a number of years, so he probably spits pinwheel dials. I
figure between the two of you, I should be able to figure it out.

The rig in question is a '47 HRO C utilizing the HRO 5RA1 receiver.
I'm trying to put together a set of the 'bright faced' coils, or maybe
just find the aluminum plates for the coils that came with the set
(currently a mishmash of types).

The thing was pretty numb initially. Tweaking a few of the coils
ever-so-slightly helped, but there's a specific order to follow and I
know I didn't do this (having no clue what the order is).

All things being equal (good tubes, proper IF alignment), what is the
best way to align the coils?

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ