[AMRadio] HRO-50

ne1s at neandertech.com ne1s at neandertech.com
Tue Nov 27 17:33:10 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] HRO-50
Date: Tue, November 27, 2007 17:17
From: "Todd, KA1KAQ" <ka1kaq at gmail.com>

-SNIP-
> The thing was pretty numb initially. Tweaking a few of the coils
> ever-so-slightly helped, but there's a specific order to follow and I
> know I didn't do this (having no clue what the order is).
>
> All things being equal (good tubes, proper IF alignment), what is the
> best way to align the coils?

The alignment instructions in the manuals for the two HRO receivers I have
were quite good, so I won't re-invent the wheel here. That's what I used.
If you can't get the exact manual (got both mine off BAMA) for your model
HRO, alignment instructions for any of the single-conversion (I THINK
pre-HRO-60) HROs should be close enough, if not identical. Carl can chime
in, he is more experienced & knowledgeable about this than I.

Carl, I'll respond to your serial# question when I have the time to grab
it (I'm at work, and the HRO is home - of course.)

-Larry/NE1S