[AMRadio] Just a thought for laughter and memory

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Nov 28 17:01:45 EST 2007

If the beer can vertical wasn't a joke it had to be silliest idea anyone
ever came up with.  Why go to all that trouble when you could do the same
thing with a piece of gutter downspout, which cost pennies per foot in those
days.

I even  heard one story about a group of hams who distilled the beer into
alcohol, and used the alcohol to run the soldering torch to solder the cans
together.  I'm not sure where how they fueled the fire to run the still.
Sounds about as far-fetched as making bio-fuels out of corn.  The energy
input is probably equal to or greater than the energy output.

Sounds to me like the product of that still never quite made it to the
soldering torch.

Don k4kyv