[AMRadio] fs/ft: Eimac 4CX250B - Unknown Condition

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Nov 29 12:45:47 EST 2007

Most of the use 4CX250 style of tubes available now came from FM base
station or repeater duty. They are usually replaced when the customer
complains and are well cooked at that point.

Even ones that show good output are prone to secondary screen emission and
are poor choices for SSB or modulators.

There are also loads of military tubes floating around and if they look good
and not severly overheated, the chances are that they are still good.

I have about 25 150/250's here that have all passed 125W output muster on 6M
as finals in a Clegg Zeus. Most have been $5 or less (many were freebies) so
there are no complaints. Ive also thrown out several others.

Carl
KM1H