[AMRadio] OT: Greenbay/Dallas

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 29 12:49:18 EST 2007

Grant Youngman <nq5t at tx.rr.com> wrote:  > I'm still searching for a place to watch the Cowboys/Packers
> game, this
> evening...

That whole NFLN mess is a real fiasco, isn't it? We should send "notes of
appreciation" to Jerry Jones and the NFL.

And of course, if you want to buy season tickets in the new Dallas stadium
with good seats, you'd best be a dot com millionnaire. It will no longer be
posssible for ordinary "circus folk" like the rest of us to actually get to
see games in the stadium :-)

Grant/NQ5T
  Very true Grant,

  Many people in Wisconsin are NOT happy about this NFL Network mess.  For instance people in the metro area of Madison (which has about 200,000 people), and the western part of the state (like Eau Claire with 65,000 people) will not be able to see the Packers game unless they have the NFL Network, because they are not a part of the Packers' home viewing area, in spite of the fact they they are just as staunch of fans as we are around here.  Forcing the cable networks to sell it at extra cost as a part of the basic package is silly.  Most people don't want to have to pay extra to see "all NFL - all the time."

  As for the seating at the Cowboy's stadium - yeah I'd heard that even bad seats are fetching around $1000 as of this morning.  Up here, it's almost impossible to get season's tickets to Packers games.  The waiting list is like 35 years.  And since many families will bequeath their seasons tickets to family members when they die, or don't want them anymore (the Packer franchise allows this), unless you get lucky, and somebody is selling tickets, gives you them, or (as was the case for me back in High School) you get to march during the halftime show, you're out of luck.

  73,
  Ellen - AF9J