[AMRadio] OT: Greenbay/Dallas

Thomas Adams quixote2 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 29 19:31:37 EST 2007

At 11:49 AM 11/29/2007, you wrote:

>   As for the seating at the Cowboy's stadium - yeah I'd heard that
> even bad seats are fetching around $1000 as of this morning.  Up
> here, it's almost impossible to get season's tickets to Packers
> games.  The waiting list is like 35 years.  And since many families
> will bequeath their seasons tickets to family members when they
> die, or don't want them anymore (the Packer franchise allows this),
> unless you get lucky, and somebody is selling tickets, gives you
> them, or (as was the case for me back in High School) you get to
> march during the halftime show, you're out of luck.
>
>   73,
>   Ellen - AF9J

TELL me about it!!!

A few years ago I went to a wake that damned near turned into a fist
fight...   LITERALLY.

The deceased held two season Lambeau Stadium tickets, on the 45 yeard
line; he'd had them for over 30 years.
Believe it or not the relatives went absolutely NUTS arguing over who
was gonna get 'em...   totally ignoring the
widow, who wasn't about to let go of the damned things! The battle
heated up over his fishing boat and trailer;
the Guest of Honor's brother essentially DEMANDED it!

Half the crowd was already buzzed (beer and brandy on the food
table), and I'd say we were about 30 seconds
away from punches being thrown.

The big surprise...   the widow made a bee line to ME, and asked "You
went fishing with Rich once, didn't you?"

I told her yes; he'd shown me his favorite walleye hole.

"Congratulations" she said...   "if there's a trailer hitch on your
pickup, you've got yourself a boat!"

With that, she turned to the relatives and said "I like football TOO."

Up here, there have been lawsuits and crazy divorce settlements over
custody of the Packer tickets.

Absolutely astonishing.

Mr. T., W9LBB