[AMRadio] W5DIR

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Mon Oct 1 12:36:09 EDT 2007

W5DIR - Ray McLin past away in his sleep Thursday night.  Ray had not been
active in radio for more that 25 years I think, but he and I visited a lot
and talked about radio in his TV shop in Conroe, Texas.  Ray had built a rig
with a pair of 4-400s in the final.  The rig, big modulator, speech amp and
regulated power supplies and scope was all home brewed.  He had a Knight kit
R100 receiver I think, and a Multi-Elmac mobile rig for an exciter.  Ray
loved 40 and 20 meters where I am sure he was big guns.  Im pretty sure it
was during his time in San Antonio when he was with the big research
facility there that he was most active.  I was proud to be know as a friend
of Rays.

John, WA5BXO